Hello again, soccer fans! And welcome back to the Sons of a Pitch: An American Soccer Podcast. Thank you for joining us again as we look at all the moves from around Major League Soccer (MLS) and roundup the slew of games from Week 12.
But first, we want to wish all the soccer moms out there a Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for waking up early, driving your kids to games and practices, and being their biggest supporters as they grow and learn the game. Without soccer moms, there is simply no soccer.
- Columbus Crew acquire David Accam and extend Gyasi Zardes, giving him a DP contract. Lalas Abubaker loaned to Colorado Rapids.
- New York City transfers USMNT forward Jonathan Lewis to Colorado Rapids.
- Sporting KC bring Benny Feilhaber back to shore up depleted defense.
- Joevin Jones back in Seattle, in his prime, and ready to light up the stat sheet.
- Hudson out at Colorado
- Koch out at Cincinnati
- Freidel out at New England
- New England also fire GM Michael Burns
Teams on the Rise
- Eastern Conference Regulars: Fire playing up to their talent, Atlanta win 3 straight, NYCFC found their offense.
- LAFC: Points per game average is near record levels
Teams on the Fall
- Toronto FC: No Jozy, no offense.
- Colorado: It can’t get much worse. (And don’t tell me if it can.)
- FC Cincinnati: What’s their identity and does it score goals?