Hello soccer fans! Nick wanted to share with you a few memories from his recent road-trip to Indianapolis to watch the Indy Eleven take on the Memphis 901 FC. He’ll tell you more during the next podcast, and the official recap is online, but here are his quick thoughts:
- Indy is a great city, and Lucas Oil Stadium is a great venue.
- The Brickyard Battalion supporters group is fantastic.
- Indy Eleven played very well – executed their game plan, converted set pieces, and never let up the pressure.
- Memphis played a mid-block, but Indy was able to get into the channels and play balls over the top to create chances.
- Shout out to the family of Memphis 901 Defender Josh Morton. I got to meet his family, and they were great to talk to.
And we have to mention that Indy is in the middle of a 24 game, home unbeaten streak, dating back to last season. Best of luck to the Indy Eleven and their supporters as the team looks towards the playoffs!