Hey, soccer fan! The Sons of a Pitch are back, reflecting on all things Concacaf Champions League. LAFC was so close to being the first MLS team to bring home the CCL trophy in it’s modern iteration, but ultimately fell short vs. a determined Tigres team. Tune in for our takes on:
- How big is the loss for club and league?
- Can we measure MLS by CCL standards?
- What’s holding back MLS sides from winning CCL?
In the second half, we discuss the various moves from around Major League Soccer, including:
- What Wondo’s extension means for the San Jose Quakes
- How BWP can help the Columbus Crew repeat as MLS Cup Champs
- New England Revs upgrade their midfield attack
We also touch on some USMNT news surrounding Ayo Akinola’s CanMNT call up and the rumored friendly vs. Serbia. Tune in for all this and more in tonight’s episode of the Sons of a Pitch: An American Soccer Podcast.
Be sure to check out our LinkTree to find us on social media, support us with donations, and purchase your swag.